The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde tells the story of a lawyer investigating the connection of two persons, Dr. Henry Jekyll and Mr. Edward Hyde. Chief among the novel’s supporting cast is a man by the name of Mr. Poole, Dr. Jekyll’s loyal butler.
Poole is the butler for Jekyll, the static site generator. It’s designed and developed by @mdo to provide a clear and concise foundational setup for any Jekyll site. It does so by furnishing a full vanilla Jekyll install with example layouts, pages, posts, and styles.
There are currently three themes built on Poole:
Learn more and contribute on GitHub.
Poole is a streamlined Jekyll site designed and built as a foundation for building more meaningful themes. Poole, and every theme built on it like this one, includes the following:
- Complete Jekyll setup included (layouts, config, 404, RSS feed, posts, and example page)
- Mobile friendly design and development
- Easily scalable text and component sizing with
remunits in the CSS
- Support for a wide gamut of HTML elements
- Related posts (time-based, because Jekyll) below each post
- Syntax highlighting, courtesy Jekyll’s built-in support for Rouge
Additional features are available in individual themes.
Poole and its themes are by preference a forward-thinking project. In addition to the latest versions of Chrome, Safari (mobile and desktop), and Firefox, it is only compatible with Internet Explorer 9 and above.
These themes are developed on and hosted with GitHub. Head to the GitHub repository for downloads, bug reports, and features requests.